In the past I was really bad about buying kitchen things because they looked cool. I'd get them home, put them away and never use them My daughter, Kenten, came over in May and helped me declutter my kitchen. Thanks, Kenten.
Here are the small I appliances I consider essential:
1. Rice cooker - I use mine at least 3 times a week
2. Slow cooker - mine is 3 1/2 quarts and programmable, I cook for 1 person most of the time
3. Blender - buy the best one you can afford
4. Food processor
5. Stand mixer - I am fortunate to have a Kitchenaid.
Here are the gadets I use:
1. Mandoline/food slicer - really cuts down veggie prep time. I want a Calphalon Precision Series.
2. Spiralizer - Veggetie or similar. I have the low end version Veggetie and it does the job.
4. Garlic press
5. Potato ricer.
Here is the beginning of my staples:
Beans - dried and canned
Brown rice - not the quick cook kind
Whole wheat, unbleached Flour
All purpose flour
Red wine vinegar
White wine vinegar
Apple cider vinegar
Skinnytaste Meal Plan (July 23-July 29)
1 day ago