My weightloss journey (WLJ) and other musings, links and RANTS!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pantry Staples, Small Appliances and Gadgets, OH MY!

In the past I was really bad about buying kitchen things because they looked cool. I'd get them home, put them away and never use them  My daughter, Kenten, came over in May and helped me declutter my kitchen.  Thanks, Kenten.

Here are the small I appliances I consider essential:

1. Rice cooker - I use mine at least 3 times a week
2. Slow cooker - mine is 3 1/2 quarts and programmable, I cook for 1 person most of the time
3. Blender - buy the best one you can afford
4. Food processor
5. Stand mixer - I am fortunate to have a Kitchenaid.

Here are the gadets I use:

1. Mandoline/food slicer - really cuts down veggie prep time.  I want a Calphalon Precision Series.
2. Spiralizer - Veggetie or similar.  I have the low end version Veggetie and it does the job.
3.Vegetable peeler
4. Garlic press
5. Potato ricer.

Here is the beginning of my staples:

Beans - dried and canned
Brown rice - not the quick cook kind
Quinoa
Whole wheat, unbleached Flour
Yeast
All purpose flour
Agave syrup
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
White wine vinegar
Apple cider vinegar


No comments: